Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by apurva zaveri <az...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/26 04:40:59 UTC

CInclude bug???

I am trying to use XPointer like functionality with
CInclude.

I have a statement like

**********************************
<cinclude:include
src="../../commons/contents/ATTRIBUTES.xml"
select="data/AGE/*" />
**********************************

in an xml file.

This is the attribute file:

**********************************
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<data
xmlns:xf="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/2002">
  <typeOwnership>
    <xf:selectOne ref="/typeOwnership">
      <xf:caption>Ownership Type</xf:caption>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption></xf:caption>
            <xf:value></xf:value>
      </xf:item>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>Co-operative
Society</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>Co-operative Society</xf:value>
      </xf:item>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>Home Owners
Association</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>Home Owners Association</xf:value>
      </xf:item>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>FreeHold</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>FreeHold</xf:value>
      </xf:item>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>LeaseHold</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>LeaseHold</xf:value>
      </xf:item>
    </xf:selectOne>
  </typeOwnership>

  <AGE>
      <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>LeaseHold</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>LeaseHold</xf:value>
      </xf:item>
  </AGE>

</data>
**********************************

But the output i get is

**********************************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<data
xmlns:xf="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xmlform/2002"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
<some>

 <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>LeaseHold</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>LeaseHold</xf:value>
 </xf:item>

<data>

[...]

<!-- <cinclude:include
src="cocoon://commons/contents/ATTRIBUTES.xml"
select="data/*"/>-->

<!-- <xi:include
href="../../commons/contents/ATTRIBUTES.xml#xpointer(data/typeOwnership)"/>
 -->
here

</some>

<done>

<!--            <cinclude:include
src="cocoon:/pins.xml" select="data/PIN/*" />   -->
<!--            <cinclude:include
src="cocoon://commons/contents/ATTRIBUTES.xml"
select="data/AGE/*" />  -->
<!--            <xi:include
href="/sell/search/pins.xml#xpointer(/data/PIN/*)"
xml:base="cocoon:"/>  -->

</done>
</data>
**********************************

So the output has what i want
that is

 <xf:item>
          <xf:caption>LeaseHold</xf:caption>
          <xf:value>LeaseHold</xf:value>
  </xf:item>

but after that it also include the whole
attributes.xml file?

is this a bug??

-Apurva

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Specifically:

http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CInclude

-Andy

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Will do.

For now see:

RE: CInclude bug???

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.

Re: CInclude bug??? (And my upcoming patch)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Patches *should* be submitted to Bugzilla and hence you should catch the
postings here.
You could also join the Cocoon-cvs mailing list (see webpage for
details) or catch it on
gmane.org (news->mail->news bridge).  The CVS list is commits, the
bugzilla mails are patches.

Its a one liner if you want to fix it yourself and recompile:
(someone pointed this out to me but I thought they were wrong....sorry I
was wrong)
in
xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/CIncludeTransformer.java:

            } else {
                  // do nothing, will result in the inclusion of the whole
                  // document
            }

               this.sourceResolver.toSAX(source, consumer);

should read:

            } else {
                  // Normal flow this will result in the inclusion of the whole
                  // document
               this.sourceResolver.toSAX(source, consumer);
            }

I've tested it locally and it works nicely.  In a few weeks I'm going to do some serious
refactoring of both of these to use the same code base as folows:

CIncludeTransformer ------------- inherit from -------- IncludeTransformer
XIncludeTransformer /

XInclude and CInclude transformers will be deprecated, and you'll be able to just use the
IncludeTransformer for either.  The behavior will be different based on how you configure the IncludeTransformer
or the inherited versions (for backward compatibility) will automatically configure it for that behavior).
I'll also submit a set of unit tests for these.  If I have time (read: if the task is more exciting
than whichever task I'm procrastinating) I'll upgrade the XIncludeTransformer to match the current
specification.

Thanks,

-Andy

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
That is weird.  It doesn't happen after the fix (I've got both static
and dynamic includes)

-Andy

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by apurva zaveri <az...@yahoo.com>.
One more wierd finding:

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by apurva zaveri <az...@yahoo.com>.
Thats great Andy!

http://finance.yahoo.com

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
And CInclude does support @select now.

RE: CInclude bug???

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
Apurva,

RE: CInclude bug???

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
Apurva,

Re: CInclude bug???

Re: CInclude bug???

Posted by apurva zaveri <az...@yahoo.com>.
--- apurva zaveri <az...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use XPointer like functionality with
> CInclude.
>
> I have a statement like

> <cinclude:include
> src="../../commons/contents/ATTRIBUTES.xml"
> select="data/AGE/*" />
>
> in an xml file.

opps i forget to provide the xml file :

http://finance.yahoo.com