Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Sean Rhea <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/17 20:23:34 UTC

How to use Google Protobufs with Buildr?

Hi,

I found BUILDR-368, which seems to add support for generating .java
files from .proto files, but I can't figure out quite how to use it.
I presume it's going to add some task as a prereq for the compile
task, generate .java files, and add the path where it puts them to the
input compile path.  Is that right?  I can see that I need to

require 'buildr/protobuf'

but what else do I need to do?  Is there a small example somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Sean
--
"I refuse to accept the idea that the ‘isness’ of man’s present nature
makes him morally incapable of reaching up for the eternal ‘oughtness’

Re: How to use Google Protobufs with Buildr?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
I've now updated the rdoc of addon/buildr/protobuf.rb to reflect this.

alex

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.