Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2019/01/29 21:48:09 UTC

Unapproved releases

Hi,

I'm a little concerned about the releases you have publicly available on GitHub [1] as per [2] you must not point outsiders to any unapproved releases. Can you include in your incubator report (due shortly) how you will address this issue.

Thanks,
Justin

P.S Please CC me on any replies as I'm not subscribed to this list

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/releases
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

Re: [MENTORS] Unapproved releases

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.
I removed those from github release page.

Best,
Seunghyun

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks for dealing with this quickly.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the prompt action!

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Sunitha Beeram <sb...@linkedin.com>.

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Sunitha Beeram <sb...@linkedin.com>.

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Subbu Subramaniam <ss...@linkedin.com>.
I also noticed that the only way to delete releases from this page (that I could find) was to click on edit, remove the zip file, which then takes me to a page that has a delete button, and I click on delete.

I noticed that there are probably 100+ releases in that page.

Is there a quicker way to delete these?

I confirm that we can drop these releases, so if you can do a mass delete at your end that will be awesome.

-Subbu
________________________________
Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
IMO the last one is after incubation which is the biggest problem here.
Other releases were from 2017.

Is there a way this user can make do with commit tag, and build from source?

Also, I’d also encourage discussions or requests with this user to be on
dev@ - as the community can benefit from that conversation and it
performance work as well. And perhaps we could get to an acceptable
alternative there.

Re: Unapproved releases

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.
Hi Subbu

Re: Unapproved releases

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Subbu Subramaniam <ss...@linkedin.com>.
Hi Justin,

Sure, we can include something in the report.

Is it sufficient if we write that the snapshots in the links are unofficial snapshots of Pinot, and that we are working on a formal apache release? (the latter part is there in the report anyway)

thanks

-Subbu

1. https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fincubator-pinot%2Freleases&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cssubramaniam%40linkedin.com%7C87694dae28654488ff5a08d6863379a2%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636843952976181801&amp;sdata=CVcATUIfOputFdbBASr2Trgq40fTLSurX40SsvWpK1g%3D&amp;reserved=0
2. https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apache.org%2Flegal%2Frelease-policy.html%23publication&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cssubramaniam%40linkedin.com%7C87694dae28654488ff5a08d6863379a2%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636843952976181801&amp;sdata=lIjOPfxfBe%2F%2BVJh5bNy4NPklmUzDNDgNTC7OK5BrD%2FQ%3D&amp;reserved=0