Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jorge Pozo Ramirez <j....@externo.mju.es> on 2002/02/20 17:27:03 UTC

Building error on HPUX 10.20

    Hi there.

    I'm trying to compile both Xerces C 1_6_0 on a HPUX 10.20 machine.

    After building succesfully all object files, the compiler gives me an
error when trying to link up the shared library: too many arguments.

    It seems that the compiler (maybe the linker????) cannot handle so much
.o files as Xerces build. This doesn't seems reasonable to me, but I cannot
find another source of trouble.

    Any idea???

Jorge.

Re: Building error on HPUX 10.20

Posted by Jorge Pozo Ramirez <j....@externo.mju.es>.
Hi again.

Thank you. Now I'm trying to fix a new problem:

As I've seen on Makefile inside $XERCESCROOT/lib, HPUX has a curious way of
compilation, building a dummy executable before the shared library itself.
My compiler crashed firstly 'cos he cannot found a header named NodeImpl.hpp
on $XERCESCROOT/include/dom when building the dummy(required). The solution
was easy, taking it from $XERCESCROOT/src/dom.
But now It crashes again with the following error:

CC: error: type IDOM_Node defined twice in map files (763)
gmake[1]: *** [/usr3/xerces16/lib/dummyExe] Error 1

and then, when trying to build the .sl, thousand of errors like:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Data Linkage Table (+z) overflow in file
/usr3/xerces16/obj/HPUX/ptrepository/ArrayJanitor<char>.o - use +Z option to
recompile
   Reference from:
/usr3/xerces16/obj/HPUX/ptrepository/ArrayJanitor<char>.o(0x34)

(I've already changed the +z param to +Z)

I think this errors may be the reason for building the dummy executable, but
as the dummy cannot be built, no way of compilation. Any idea?

Jorge.

P.D. I do not need IDOM support, will removing it solve me this or other
troubles?

Posted by Bhavani Ravichandran <bh...@bea.com>.
Hi,