Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 19:33:00 UTC

Plugins Release!

Hey All,

What is the general feeling on me moving forward with a plugins release
today? I could start the process this afternoon if there aren't any
objections or concerns.

Are there any plugins that shouldn't be released?

RE: Plugins Release!

Posted by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com>.
Interesting. Um, I've got nothing to add here I guess. ;) I am curious to see what folks out there think.
Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@google.com>.
The docs are all there in the plugin repos now and removed from
cordova-docs. Even if Crowdin could detect moves, the files have mostly
been merged into one anyways. Hopefully the translations can be mostly
copy/pasted though...

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ld...@us.ibm.com>.

ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

From:   Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>
To:     dev <de...@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   02/11/2014 10:56 AM

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

RE: Plugins Release!

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

RE: Plugins Release!

Posted by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com>.

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Plugins Release!

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
shipped.

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
ship it.

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
ship it?

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I have a blog post ready to review. I could use some help with adding
more content about the file plugin release. I got most of my info for it
from http://markmail.org/thread/ebm3ms6of24rhyvb.

I have also gone through the commits and removed ones I thought were
unimportant. If you feel more curating needs to be done, feel free to edit.

Blog below:

---
layout: post
author:
    name: Steve Gill
    url: https://twitter.com/stevesgill
title:  "Plugins Release: Feb 6, 2014"
categories: news
tags: release
---
The following plugins were updated today:

* org.apache.cordova.battery-status@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.camera@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.console@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.contacts@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.device-motion@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.device-orientation@0.3.5
* org.apache.cordova.dialogs@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.file@1.0.0
* org.apache.cordova.file-transfer@0.4.1
* org.apache.cordova.geolocation@0.3.6
* org.apache.cordova.globalization@0.2.6
* org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser@0.3.1
* org.apache.cordova.media@0.2.8
* org.apache.cordova.media-capture@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.network-information@0.2.7
* org.apache.cordova.vibration@0.3.7

The most noticeable changes in this release are to the File plugin. It has
been revamped to use a new URL scheme
`filesystem://localhost/<filesystemType>/<path to file>`. These URLs are
[...]

* CB-5974: Use safe 'Compatibilty' mode by default
* CB-5915: CB-5916: Reorganize preference code to make defaults possible
* CB-5974: Android: Don't allow File operations to continue when not
configured
* CB-5960: ios: android: Properly handle parent references in
getFile/getDirectory
* [ubuntu] adopt to recent changes
* Add default FS root to new FS objects
* CB-5899: Make DirectoryReader.readEntries return properly formatted Entry
objects
* Add constuctor params to FileUploadResult related to CB-2421
* Fill out filesystem attribute of entities returned from
resolveLocalFileSystemURL
* CB-5916: Create documents directories if they don't exist
* CB-5915: Create documents directories if they don't exist
* CB-5916: Android: Fix unfortunate NPE in config check
* CB-5916: Android: Add "/files/" to persistent files path
* CB-5915: ios: Update config preference (and docs) to match issue
* CB-5916: Android: Add config preference for Android persistent storage
location
* iOS: Add config preference for iOS persistent storage location
* iOS: Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
* Android: Expose filePlugin getter so that other plugins can register
filesystems
* Fix typos in deprecation message
* Add backwards-compatibility shim for file-transfer
* Android: Allow third-party plugin registration
* CB-5810 [BlackBerry10] resolve local:/// paths (application assets)
* CB-5774: create DirectoryEntry instead of FileEntry
* Initial fix for CB-5747
* Change default FS URL scheme to "cdvfile"
* Android: Properly format content urls
* Android, iOS: Replace "filesystem" protocol string with constant
* Android: Allow absolute paths on Entry.getFile / Entry.getDirectory
* Android: Make clear that getFile takes a path, not just a filename
* CB-5008: Rename resolveLocalFileSystemURI to resolveLocalFileSystemURL;
deprecate original
* Remove old file reference from plugin.xml
* Android: Refactor File API
* CB-4899 [BlackBerry10] Fix resolve directories
* CB-5602 Windows8. Fix File Api mobile spec tests
* Android: Better support for content urls and cross-filesystem copy/move
ops
* CB-5699 [BlackBerry10] Update resolveLocalFileSystemURI implementation
* CB-5658 Update license comment formatting of doc/index.md
* CB-5658 Add doc.index.md for File plugin.
* CB-5658 Delete stale snapshot of plugin docs
* CB-5403: Backwards-compatibility with file:// urls where possible
* CB-5407: Fixes for ContentFilesystem
* Android: Add method for testing backwards-compatibility of filetransfer
plugin
* iOS: Add method for testing backwards-compatiblity of filetransfer plugin
* Android: Updates to allow FileTransfer to continue to work
* Android: Clean up unclosed file objects
* CB-5407: Add new Android source files to plugin.xml
* CB-5407: Move read, write and truncate methods into modules
* CB-5407: Move copy/move methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getParent into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getmetadata methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move readdir methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move remove methods into FS modules
* CB-5407: Move getFile into FS modules
* CB-5407: Start refactoring android code: Modular filesystems, rfs, rlfsurl
* CB-5407: Update android JS to use FS urls
* CB-5405: Use URL formatting for Entry.toURL
* Log file path for File exceptions.
* Partial fix for iOS File compatibility with previous fileTransfer plugin
* CB-5532 WP8. Add binary data support to FileWriter
* CB-5531 WP8. File Api readAsText incorrectly handles position args
* Added ubuntu platform support
* Added amazon-fireos platform support
* CB-5118 [BlackBerry10] Add check for undefined error handler
* CB-5406: Extend public API for dependent plugins
* CB-5403: Bump File plugin major version
* CB-5406: Split iOS file plugin into modules
* CB-5406: Factor out filesystem providers in iOS

Re: Plugins Release!

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Plugins Release!

Posted by Herm Wong <ki...@hotmail.com>.