Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org> on 2010/03/19 16:30:23 UTC

Re: Creating repository for offline building with dependency:go-offline fails

On Mar 19, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM, jimmi4664 <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My Maven project needs to be built in an offline computer. I am trying to
>> create a snapshot of my repository using an online machine and mvn
>> dependency:go-offline, and then move this snapshot repository to the offline
>> machine and build there.
>
> A local repository does not have the same metadata as a remote
> repository.  Plugins especially are very picky about metadata.
>
> Check the list archives, there was some discussion in times past about
> a script to modify the metadata of a local repo so it would work as a
> remote one.
>
> The easier solution by far will be to run a repository manager locally
> and let it proxy everything you need, then move *that* repository
> (which will have the correct format) off to the other machine.

I will second what Wendy said, and also say that the free version of Nexus is incredibly easy to set up, manage, and use.

I hope the Sonatype people are making money, because they deserve to. They've made a real quality product.

-K