Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ben Smith <be...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 13:43:22 UTC

Shindig JPA

Hi,

I'm looking into the Shindig Java code-base (looking good btw :) and,
by way of familiarising myself with it, I'm playing around with the
samples project, trying to configure it to use Hibernate and a MySQL
database.

As you'd expect, this isn't working straight away but I'm using my,
rather limited, skills to push through all the "could not get a field
value by reflection getter of....." exceptions that I'm getting.

So, I have a number of questions:
1. Would you lie me to submit issues and patches for the bugs that I
find in the JPA models or tests?
2. If I manage to get the Hibernate persistence layer to work, would
you be interested in my submitting it for your approval? (I'm
intending to try setting it up in it's own project to test injecting
into Shindig, rather than directly forking it, but at the moment I'm
just hacking away)
3. How well supported is the samples project? It looks like it could
do with a few more tests but are model interface changes mirrored in
the JPA implementations and are they functionally complete?

Anyway, good work with Shindig and I look forward to working with the
project more closely!

Cheers,
Ben Smith
Product Manager / Architect, BBC Social Networking Services
H: ben@thesmith.co.uk
W: ben.smith@bbc.co.uk

Re: Shindig JPA

Posted by Ben Smith <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,

Thanks for that, I'll hopefully start raising issues later this week.

Cheers!
Ben

Re: Shindig JPA

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.