Posted to user@pig.apache.org by sumit piparsania <su...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/23 22:55:51 UTC

how to run pig scripts

Hi,

I am new to PIG and HADOOP. I configured PIG following the standard apche pig site.
However getting this error.

"Pig is not recognized command."

Have set the below paths
1) HADOOP_INSTALL
2) PIG_HOME
3)JAVA_HOME

Added all these Env variables to PATH. Pelase do let me know what is missing.

Thanks,
Sumit

Re: how to run pig scripts

Posted by sumit piparsania <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Brent,

$ pig
/cygdrive/o/gyan/hadoop-1.1.2/bin/hadoop: line 320: C:\Program: command not found

Yes, ofcourse.

Thanks,
Sumit

________________________________
Posted by Tom Wheeler <to...@gmail.com>.
Also, your PATH shouldn't include $PIG_HOME but rather $PIG_HOME/bin (the
pig command is found in the bin subdirectory of your Pig installation).

--
Tom Wheeler
http://www.tomwheeler.com/

RE: how to run pig scripts

Posted by Brent Black <Br...@demandmedia.com>.
Did you try it with a lower case p?  It's just pig, not Pig..

Brent Black
Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer