Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@freenet.de> on 2006/08/19 11:39:04 UTC

Problem with start URL

Hello!

I implemented a webapplication using struts with tomcat and linux. The
application is installed in the path:

/opt/apache-tomcat/webapps/portalmanagement

/opt/apache-tomcat/webapps/ROOT  -> portalmanagement
is a symlink to /opt/apache-tomcat/webapps/portalmanagement.

If a user starts with the URL https://server.de/ all works fine - the
login page of the application is presented.

If a user starts with https://server.de/something, the login page is
presented, too.

But if the user starts with https://server.de/portalmanagement, he is
presented a fine error:
[ERROR] [jsp] - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
<java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jsp.pageslogin_jsp>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jsp.pages.login_jsp

I'm really surprised to get this error, if the application is directly
addressed.. Does anybody know, why?

Thanks for any hint,
kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann

Re: Problem with start URL

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@freenet.de>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> Andreas-
>
> What are the welcome-file-list contents of web.xml specifically the welcome-file value as in this example
>  <welcome-file-list>
>   <welcome-file>StartUpJspGoesHere.jsp</welcome-file>
>  </welcome-file-list>
>

> I assume the Jsp you identify in welcome-file is located in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/NameOfWebApp??

The welcome-file-list pointed to the index.jsp, which is not the first,
but the second page used in the app - after login.jsp. Normally, this
shouldn't be a problem. I'm running the same app under
$TOMCAT_HOME_OTHER/, where I do not have any problem.

All is working fine now after I changed the welcome-file-list to login.jsp
- even the app in the directory which doesn't run before if the
application name has been added to the URL.

Thanks for your hint,
kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann

Re: Problem with start URL

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Andreas-

What are the welcome-file-list contents of web.xml specifically the welcome-file value as in this example
 <welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>StartUpJspGoesHere.jsp</welcome-file>
 </welcome-file-list>

I assume the Jsp you identify in welcome-file is located in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/NameOfWebApp??

Viel Gluck,
Martin --