Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim Lee <Ti...@smginc.com> on 2002/10/22 17:25:42 UTC

Client Question

Hi all,

I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your help.
It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another problem.
I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.  From
what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.  No
matter what I put here I get the following error:

Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
[faultString=System.Web.
Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP
Hea
der SOAPAction: .

I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I don't have
much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm trying
to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking for?
I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or any agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately. SMG reserves the right to monitor and
review all content sent to and from this email address. Messages sent to and
from this address may be stored on the SMG email system.

Re: Client Question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
It's at the bottom of each e-mail.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

RE: Client Question

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***

RE: Client Question

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***

Re: Client Question

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***

Re: Client Question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
setTargetObjectURI sets the service namespace.  SOAPAction is one of the
parameters to Call#invoke.  The WSDL of the service you are calling
would show the SOAPAction.  If you don't have the WSDL, a common thing
is to have the SOAPAction be the concatentation of the namespace URI and
/methodname.

Scott Nichol

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***

Re: Client Question

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***

Re: Client Question

> I got past the problem I sent out yesterday.  Thanks for all of your
help.
> It was a bug in the Xerces parser I was using.  I now have another
problem.
> I'm getting a fault every time I make a request to the web service I'm
> trying to talk with.  It seems that my SOAPAction header is incorrect.
From
> what I gather it should be the namespace followed by the operation.
No
> matter what I put here I get the following error:
>
> Fault toString: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=soap:Client]
> [faultString=System.Web.
> Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the value
of HTTP
> Hea
> der SOAPAction: .
>
> I use the setTargetObjectURI method of Call to set the header.  I
don't have
> much documentation as to what this should be from the web service I'm
trying
> to connect to.  Is there any way I can get the namespace it is looking
for?
> I only have an API of method names.   Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

***