Posted to user@struts.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 15:47:55 UTC

Re: Struts 2 question about validation and forwarding

Hi,

I only want to forward if validation fails -- i.e. don't need to run the
"execute" method.  But I don't know how to set that up in my
struts-config.xml file (or some other file if that's what's needed).  How do
I do that?

Or is the only way to do this is as David Newton suggested -- moving
validation into my execute method and forwarding appropriately.

Thanks, - Dave

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
laredotornado wrote:
> I only want to forward if validation fails -- i.e. don't need to run the
> "execute" method.  But I don't know how to set that up in my
> struts-config.xml file (or some other file if that's what's needed).  How do
> I do that?

IIRC execute isn't executed on a validation failure; that's what the
"input" attribute is for, so S1 knows what to do via config w/o
programmer intervention.

If you're working outside of the framework defaults then you'll probably
need to do something manually, although if this is an application-wide
requirement something could probably be done with a custom request
processor.

Dave