Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonny Cavell <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 17:24:53 UTC

Spring-injected model results in error for ModelDriven action after 10mins

I get the following error, but only after about 10 mins after a server
restart. To fix, I need to restart the server.

Unable to instantiate Action, xxx,  defined for 'aaa' in namespace '/'
Error creating bean with name 'xxx' defined in class path resource
[spring/struts2/yyy.xml]:
Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property
'model' of bean class [zzz]: Bean property 'model' is not writable or has an
invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the
return type of the getter?

Needless to say the getter and setter methods are of the correct type and
the property is publically writable.

My model and struts actions are defined in Spring.

Re: Spring-injected model results in error for ModelDriven action after 10mins

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jonny Cavell <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get the following error, but only after about 10 mins after a server
> restart. To fix, I need to restart the server.
>
> Unable to instantiate Action, xxx,  defined for 'aaa' in namespace '/'
> Error creating bean with name 'xxx' defined in class path resource
> [spring/struts2/yyy.xml]:
> Error setting property values; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property
> 'model' of bean class [zzz]: Bean property 'model' is not writable or has
> an
> invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the
> return type of the getter?

Never seen that, and we have some long-running apps.

I suspect you'll need to post some actual information, like your environment,
some configs, you know the drill.

Dave