Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Atif Munir <at...@sat.net.pk> on 2002/05/09 12:32:01 UTC

how can i test

Hi,
   Apache is running my linux box and me have installed tomcat rpm on
this machine ....what should me do to keep my jsp pages up and
browseable.
thanks in advance
atif

Re: how can i test

Posted by chuck amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Atif Munir wrote:

>Hi,
>   Apache is running my linux box and me have installed tomcat rpm on
>this machine ....what should me do to keep my jsp pages up and
>browseable.
>thanks in advance
>atif
>

>--

Me again you should read the documetation. Nevertheless if you haven't
assigned your port 8080 to another application. Once you have installed
tomcat >

$ cd to bin
chuck @maddr bin $ ./startup.sh

This should start tomcat service if not check the following:

Ensure that you have your java running by just typeing java on the
command line.
CHECK WHAT VERSION of Java you got and add to your .bash_profile

If it is not running you/ll need to modify your .bash_profile with your
favourite editor in my case emacs should be in your home dir .
$ emacs .bash_profile

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava-2.13
export JDK_HOME=$JAVA_HOME

export CATALINA_HOME=/home/chucka/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

If you are using version 3 0f tomcat use TOMCAT_HOME instead of
CATALINA_HOME

Hope this is what your after .

Chuckie Amadi
Systems Programmer