Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com> on 2001/09/07 04:22:22 UTC

Q: Named w/o 'type' attribute

If I have a <html:form> tag looks like this:

and myAction doesn't have a name, Struts (v1.0) is not happy and wants me
to put down also the 'type' attribute inside the <html:form>.

I'm wondering why Struts can't use the 'name' attribute as a key to lookup
the formBean from the <form-beans> list in the struts-config.xml.

Or, have I misunderstood the use of 'name' in <html:form>?

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989