Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Schneider <da...@oracle.com> on 2005/10/24 21:25:15 UTC

[M2] Plugable POM provider?

I'd like to use Maven2 to run my builds but the ground truth metadata
for my projects is in an existing collection of files.  I don't want to
duplicate this information in pom.xml files.  Is there a way to plug-in
a POM provider that will let me provide project metadata to Maven so
that it looks like it's being read from the pom.xml file but really
coming from another source?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Re: [M2] Plugable POM provider?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 13:25 -0600, David Schneider wrote:
> I'd like to use Maven2 to run my builds but the ground truth metadata
> for my projects is in an existing collection of files.  I don't want to
> duplicate this information in pom.xml files.  Is there a way to plug-in
> a POM provider that will let me provide project metadata to Maven so
> that it looks like it's being read from the pom.xml file but really
> coming from another source?

It's theoretically possible but would probably require a good deal of
effort on your part. Are we talking hundreds or files or just a handful?

I think your time might be better spent creating a converter and using
the POM as your standard.

> Thanks in advance,
> Dave

jvz.