Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by co...@mlc.com.au on 2001/07/05 02:40:42 UTC

DTD location for XML config

Hi all,

I am trying to use log4j with IBM Websphere 3.0.2. Everything is configured
and working correctly, save for one problem.

I am using the XML configurator (DOMConfigurator to be precise) and
resolving the DTD from the classpath is proving problematical.
Using the relative reference "log4j.dtd" the websphere classloader fails to
resolve, despite having log4j.jar on the server classpath.
using the absolute reference "file:c:/<log4jlocation>/log4j.dtd" logging
will work, but throws the following to System.error:

log4j:ERROR Could not find [log4j.dtd]. Used
[com.ibm.ejs.util.jar.JarClassLoader@18625d] class loader in the search.

This may be related to the use of the url "org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd"
in the DOMConfigurator code.

Has anyone come across similar problems using websphere? Is there a simple
step I am missing to allow the DTD to be visible in the ClassLoader?