Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "MOYER, TODD" <tm...@att.com> on 2012/03/01 19:30:26 UTC

quotes in Protocol Handler name

In our Tomcat 7.0.16 installation (on RedHat Linux 4 with Spring) the protocol handler name has double quotes.  For example:  INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]

I can see with an Mbean dump that the quotes are part of the name.

Can anyone explain if quotes being part of the name is always/usually true in version 7 of Tomcat?

If so, was this a mistake or done intentionally?  Why?

Needless to say, in our case this is causing headaches.  I'd like to understand the background for why the quotes are there.  It seems an odd design decision.

Cheers,
Todd

RE: quotes in Protocol Handler name

Posted by "MOYER, TODD" <tm...@att.com>.
Thanks for the info, Konstantin.  The IPV6 idea makes some sense, though it doesn't apply in my particular case.

I see in the changelog that rjung did some work in 7.0.17, that was released in 2011-07-19 as 7.0.19.  (funny coincidence)

Cheers,
Todd

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.