Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/29 18:49:35 UTC

solrReplication solr1.4 slave is slower during replication

Hi

I would like to know if you leave your slave allowed for searching during a
replication.
Everytime a replication is applied ... poll is enable, and start to bring
back files, my slave have a very batim perf, and can take 5sec to bring back
the result, as soon it's done everything is back properly.

Do you have the same problem?
Do you turn off searching on this slave during this time??
thanks a lot,

Johanna

Re: solrReplication solr1.4 slave is slower during replication

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
The download of index happens in a separate dedicated thread thread.
While it is downloading the index , the other Indexsearcher is not
affected. just that the disk utilization maybe high.

The perf study conducted by us did not show any problem

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication

--Noble

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM, sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know if you leave your slave allowed for searching during a
> replication.
> Everytime a replication is applied ... poll is enable, and start to bring
> back files, my slave have a very batim perf, and can take 5sec to bring back
> the result, as soon it's done everything is back properly.
>
> Do you have the same problem?
> Do you turn off searching on this slave during this time??
> thanks a lot,
>
> Johanna

--Noble Paul