Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com> on 2011/03/17 20:36:30 UTC

Adding the suggest component

Hi all,

When I installed Solr, I downloaded the most recent version (1.4.1) I
believe. I wanted to implement the Suggester (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester). I copied and pasted the information
there into my solrconfig.xml file but I'm getting the following error:

Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.Suggester'

I read up on this error and found that I needed to checkout a newer version
from SVN. I checked out a full version and copied the contents of
src/java/org/apache/spelling/suggest to the same location on my set up.
However, I am still receiving this error.

Did I not put the files in the right place? What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

Brian Lamb

Re: Adding the suggest component

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
Thank you for the suggestion. I followed your advice and was able to get a
version up and running. Thanks again for all the help!

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
I'm still confused as to why I'm getting this error. To me it reads that the
.java file was declared incorrectly but I shouldn't need to change those
files so where am I doing something incorrectly?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Brian Lamb

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
I fixed a few other exceptions it threw when I started the server but I
don't know how to fix this one:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler.<clinit>(DataImportHandler.java:72)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.slf4j.LoggerFactory

I've searched Google but haven't been able to find a reason why this happens
and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Brian Lamb

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Brian Lamb

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
I found the following in the build.xml file:

<invoke-javadoc destdir="${build.javadoc}">
   <sources>
    <packageset dir="${src}/common" />
    <packageset dir="${src}/solrj" />
    <packageset dir="${src}/java" />
    <packageset dir="${src}/webapp/src" />
    <packageset dir="contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java" />
    <packageset dir="contrib/clustering/src/main/java" />
    <packageset dir="contrib/extraction/src/main/java" />
    <packageset dir="contrib/uima/src/main/java" />
    <packageset dir="contrib/analysis-extras/src/java" />
    <group title="Core" packages="org.apache.*" />
    <group title="Common" packages="org.apache.solr.common.*" />
    <group title="SolrJ" packages="org.apache.solr.client.solrj*" />
    <group title="contrib: DataImportHandler"
packages="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport*" />
    <group title="contrib: Clustering"
packages="org.apache.solr.handler.clustering*" />
    <group title="contrib: Solr Cell"
packages="org.apache.solr.handler.extraction*" />
    <group title="contrib: Solr UIMA" packages="org.apache.solr.uima*" />
  </sources>
</invoke-javadoc>

It looks like the dataimport handler path is correct in there so I don't
understand why it's not being compile.

I ran ant example again today but I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Brian Lamb

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Brian Lamb

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.
Sorry, that was a typo on my part.

I was using http://localhost:8983/solr/admin and getting the above error
messages.

Posted by Geert-Jan Brits <gb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Darx Oman <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Solr 3.x and 4.x (trunk) include a component called Suggester

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.