Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Paul Wysocki <pd...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/07 20:48:35 UTC

Fwd:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paul Wysocki <pd...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 2:14 PM
Subject:printing envelope assistance
To: <us...@openoffice.apache.org>

Hello!

Through a Computer Store in Richland Center, WI, Open Office was downloaded
on my computer.

I am having great difficulty with trying to print an envelope.  Please help!

Thanks,
Paul Wysocki

Re: Fwd: Printing on an envelope

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
I rarely print envelopes, but on my printer, I usually just print landscape and manually feed an envelope. I do use the mechanism to feed an envelope. The problem with that, however, is that some feed the envelope in the middle and some on the right or left side. So I expect this to take some experimentation.

What I did, was to feed a regular sheet of paper and then I checked to see where it printed with respect to the envelope so that I could refine margins (and similar). So now I can print individual envelopes when I want to. I just pull up my "template" and off I go.

Not much help perhaps, but it is how I solved it for my infrequent use.

On Tuesday, March 07, 2023 17:39 EST, Shari Lynn Smith <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Hi Paul,

Please join the OpenOffice mailing list so you can /*reply directly*/,
and see all the responses:

Can you let us know what you are trying to do exactly? Does you printer
allow you to print directly on to the envelope? Have you print directly
to an envelope with another program?

If you printer will print to an envelope directly, you should just need
to change the paper size in OpenOffice. Some printers are able to print
on envelopes some are not.

Shari

Posted by Shari Lynn Smith <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,