Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/07/30 21:29:20 UTC

server side DAG of jobs in YARN

Is there some support for server side control of DAG jobs? I mean
something which in Tool creates Jobs and submits them with list of
dependencies and then exits without waiting for end of jobs. I currently
have this implemented in client side, i have to wait until all jobs are
finished before System.exit().

JobControl and ControlledJob is client side thing. I think about Spring
Batch, it has some limited support for server side DAG.

Re: server side DAG of jobs in YARN

Posted by Bo Wang <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Not working yet. I expect to finish it in one month or so.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Posted by Bo Wang <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Radim,

Thanks for the mail. I am working on the server side DAG execution
actually. Here is a JIRA.

Bo

Posted by Bo Wang <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Radim,