Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com> on 2021/07/09 18:35:06 UTC

Docker image change requests

All,

There are two requests and one issue at https://github.com/tomitribe/docker-tomee/issues

The issue needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.  The base Debian image as a vulnerability in it, we need to rebuild it.  I will get that going.  However, I am concerned with the key server issues.  I would like a discussion on moving to the sha512 checksums.

Adding additional tags was requested back in 2017.  I like this idea.  For example we would point the “plus” tag at the latest 8 version on the newest jre.  Additional tagging is something we should be doing.

Cleanup of the bin directory is an easy fix.  This would make our images a bit smaller, which users like.

I am happy to make these changes, or have a discussion.

Please advise,
Rod.

Re: Docker image change requests

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi,

I think as long as we are using the official ASF "dist.apache.org" to
obtain the release distributions, it is fine to only check against the
SHA512 sums (file integrity) imho.

Regarding the PGP checks (author / release manager integrity)

Might be beneficial to take a look at
https://github.com/docker-library/faq#openpgp--gnupg-keys-and-verification
 and use a HKPS keyserver or a similar approach for building our docker
images with PGP checks. Wdyt?

I think it would be nice to have both checks.

Gruß
Richard

Am Mittwoch, den 14.07.2021, 14:39 +0000 schrieb Jenkins, Rodney J
(Rod):

--
Richard Zowalla, M.Sc.
Research Associate, PhD Student | Medical Informatics

Hochschule Heilbronn – University of Applied Sciences
Max-Planck-Str. 39
D-74081 Heilbronn
phone: +49 7131 504 6791 (zur Zeit nicht via Telefon erreichbar)
mail: richard.zowalla@hs-heilbronn.de
web: https://www.mi.hs-heilbronn.de/

Re: Docker image change requests

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic, thank you for the update Rod!

Jon

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 3:28 AM Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod) <

Posted by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com>.
All,

From: Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod) <JE...@nationwide.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 12:09 PM
To: dev@tomee.apache.org <de...@tomee.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Docker image change requests
Nationwide Information Security Warning: This is an EXTERNAL email. Use CAUTION before clicking on links, opening attachments, or responding. (Sender: dev-return-28498-JENKIR14=nationwide.com@tomee.apache.org)

From: Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 11:49 AM
To: dev@tomee.apache.org <de...@tomee.apache.org>
Nationwide Information Security Warning: This is an EXTERNAL email. Use CAUTION before clicking on links, opening attachments, or responding. (Sender: dev-return-28497-JENKIR14=nationwide.com@tomee.apache.org)

Posted by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com>.
Jon,

From: Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 11:49 AM