Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Kumar Raj <ku...@india.hp.com> on 2001/05/25 15:29:45 UTC

Help needed..

Hi !

I tried working with Addressbook sample in Apache SOAP v2.0. Itz working
fine.
The same Addressbook sample if I try to run it in SOAP v2.1 it gives the

following error. I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 for SOAP server.
I have made the neccessary changes in the bin\tomcat.bat and
conf\server.xml to point to the
v2.1 api's. Should I have to make any other changes in the configuration
file?
Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks
With Regards

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol): Unsupported response content
type "tex
t/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
<h1>Error: 400</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter</h2>Content type must be:
'text/xml'.

Re: Help needed..

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
I suggest you consider moving to v2.2 (release candidate 3 is out
now - unless something comes up that'll become the master release
soon ..). In the docs for v2.2RC3 you'll see a troubleshooting
section in which there's an item for this error.

Sanjiva.

RE: Help needed..

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Kumar,

Make sure you remove all old instance of the code from within Tomcat; this
may include removing the work directory. Next, point your browser at:
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter (adjust host and port
accordingly), and see what it says. It should something about "Sorry, I
don't speak HTTP GET." All this is discussed in the Troubleshooting section
of the documentation included with the latest release candidate, which you
can find at:
http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/soap/dist/version-2.2rc3/

It will be moved shortly to it's regular location on Apache.

Thanks,

-Matt