Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by K <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 07:41:59 UTC

how to get incoming request from external application in wicket.

Hi

i am integrating wicket with other application which invokes wicket
application.
how can i get the request that invokes the wicket application. I need the
request to do user validations by retrieving the session and logged in user
information. ii have to do it in WebApplication so that i can redirect to
relevant pages based on validation result

i am using wicket 6.14.

thanks in advance

-----

Re: how to get incoming request from external application in wicket.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Your question is not very clear. I guess this is the reason why no one
responded so far.
Please give more details about the use case.

You cannot share sessions between two applications, i.e. you cannot extract
the user that easy.
To be able to do this you need to use more sophisticated methods like
SingleSignOn or token based authentication.
Reading the request (parameters) is as easy as
getRequest().getRequestParameters().

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov