Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by mg...@mail.vernet.pl on 2004/03/10 08:40:46 UTC

https connection without http

Hi!
I've got slight problem with svn configuration. I've configured
https connection for the repository. Now I want it to exclude
normal http connection. As for now both are working.
What can I do to limit repository access to https only?

  Marcin Gil
  mgil (at) vernet pl

Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
Michal Goralczyk wrote:
>> I've got slight problem with svn configuration. I've configured
>> https connection for the repository. Now I want it to exclude
>> normal http connection. As for now both are working.
>> What can I do to limit repository access to https only?
>

> Add to your apache config:
> SSLRequireSSL

Won't this require ssl access for *every* virtual server?

--
  Marcin Gil
    email#   mgil : vernet pl | GaduGadu ID# 185057

Re: Support for HTTP Redirects? was: Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
Sander Striker wrote:

>>I don't know -- can I put a <Location> inside <VirtualHost>, so that
>>this locations is obeyed only at specified virtual host?
>

> Sure.

And that solved my problem. I ain't apache guru -- didn't try that on my
production server until 100% sure. Now it works perfectly. No
redirections, no http access - pure https.

Thanks to all for support. Regards!

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 15:53, Marcin Gil wrote:
> Chris Croome wrote:
> >
> > You will need to create a VirtualHost for each domain name, eg:
> >
> >   <VirtualHost *:80>
> >     ServerName one.example.com
> >     Redirect /repo https://one.example.com/repo
> >   </VirtualHost *:80>
> >
> >   <VirtualHost *:80>
> >     ServerName two.example.com
> >     Redirect /repo https://two.example.com/repo
> >   </VirtualHost *:80>
> >
> This is not a solution, since I have 100+ virtual hosts deployed on my
> server.

You could try some mod_rewrite voodoo (completely untested):

RewriteRule  ^/repo(/.*)? https://%{SERVER_NAME}/repo$1 [R=permanent]

Or something to that effect.

> I don't know -- can I put a <Location> inside <VirtualHost>, so that
> this locations is obeyed only at specified virtual host?

Sure.

Sander

Re: Support for HTTP Redirects? was: Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.

Posted by Chris Croome <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>.
Hi

On Sat 13-Mar-2004 at 01:10:24AM +0100, Marcin Gil wrote:

> If I have virtual defined as svn.example.com and the location is repo:
> - I access repo https://svn.example.com/repo
> - I've got several virtual hosts eg sum.funky.shit.com
> If I do redirects for VirtualHost svn.example.com will this work for
> sum.funky.shit.com too? Or do I have to put it in every single
> VirtualHost directive?

You will need to create a VirtualHost for each domain name, eg:

  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName one.example.com
    Redirect /repo https://one.example.com/repo
  </VirtualHost *:80>

  <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName two.example.com
    Redirect /repo https://two.example.com/repo
  </VirtualHost *:80>

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>

Re: Support for HTTP Redirects? was: Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
Chris Croome wrote:

>   Redirect /foo https://svn.example.com/foo
>
> You can make them 301's like this:
>
>   Redirect permanent /foo https://svn.example.com/foo

Thanks!!
Next quick question:

Posted by Chris Croome <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>.
Hi

On Sat 13-Mar-2004 at 12:35:06AM +0100, Marcin Gil wrote:

> So, how do you create those redirections? By a index.html file
> with meta refresh, index.php with header(location) or with
> mod_rewrite?

None of those, just a simple Redirect statments in a VirtualHost,
like:

  Redirect /foo https://svn.example.com/foo

You can make them 301's like this:

  Redirect permanent /foo https://svn.example.com/foo

The key think to remember is that the destination has to be a fully
qualified URI.

More info here:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

Also RedirectMatch is nice, it's new in Apache 2:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch

It's simpler to get your head around that mod_rewrite and is quite
powerful.

Chris

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.

Posted by Chris Croome <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>.
Hi

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.

Posted by Chris Croome <ch...@webarchitects.co.uk>.
Hi

Posted by Michal Goralczyk <mo...@o2.pl>.

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
Brian Mathis wrote:

> If you put your <Location> sections in the ssl.conf file, they should
> only be available through https.

Does it matter to apache whether it reads <Location> from mod_svn.conf
or mod_ssl.conf? But I'll try this today.

Posted by Brian Mathis <bm...@directedge.com>.

http://directedge.com/b/

Re: https connection without http

Posted by Seth Daniel <su...@sethdaniel.org>.
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:18:14PM +0100, Marcin Gil wrote:
> Christophe Labouisse wrote:
> >
> > You have to put the svn configuration lines in the <VirtualHost
> > _default_:443> define in the ssl.conf file.
> >
> So I did but this doesn't solve problem. http://url/repo still works
> and that's what I'm trying to do: no http access to repository.

Well, you can do what I did...redirect them elsewhere when they hit your
secure site with http.

Using the following rules I can allow https access to dev.mysite.org but
http access gets redirected to www.mysite.org.

RewriteEngine      on
RewriteCond        %{HTTP_HOST}          ^dev.mysite.org$
RewriteCond        %{SERVER_PROTOCOL}    ^HTTP[^S].*$
RewriteRule        ^/.*$                 http://www.mysite.org/  [R=permanent]

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.  Documenting or attempting to

Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.

Posted by Christophe Labouisse <ga...@tigris.org>.

Le cinéma en Lumière : http://www.lumiere.org/