Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Dr. Chavdar Ivanov" <ch...@outlook.hu> on 2020/12/26 08:03:56 UTC

RDFXML writer combining plain and other options

Hello,

I see that some time ago there was a discussion on similar topic here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49677174/avoid-nesting-of-element-in-rdf-xml-in-apache-jena
What I would like to achieve if to have the RDFXML_PLAIN way of export, but instead of using rdf:Description to have the other way of serializing of the elements, like this
<ex:Class rdf:ID=.....

e.g. it looks like the

Are there some options in ABBREV that can be combined to achieve the plain effect (or in PLAIN to avoid rdf:Description and rdf:about...) or a separate writer needs to be designed? So no rdf:Description, no nesting and use of rdf:resource instead

This info https://www.w3.org/wiki/SimpleRdfXml is on more or less the same topic. So not sure if some special options shall be used for RDFXML.

Best regards
Chavdar

Re: RDFXML writer combining plain and other options

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi there,

On 26/12/2020 08:03, Dr. Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that some time ago there was a discussion on similar topic here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49677174/avoid-nesting-of-element-in-rdf-xml-in-apache-jena
> What I would like to achieve if to have the RDFXML_PLAIN way of export, but instead of using rdf:Description to have the other way of serializing of the elements, like this
> <ex:Class rdf:ID=.....

There are some controls documented at:

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/io/rdfxml_howto.html#advanced-rdfxml-output

I think the key method is:

Unparser.wPropertyEltValueObj calling wObj(boolean topLevel = false)

(I haven't been into the "Unparser" code for a very long time!)

----

As for the modfying a writer, it sounds like you want detailed control.
The pretty printer has many prettifying rules so maybe building up from
Basic is more controllable.

     Andy

> e.g. it looks like the
>
> Are there some options in ABBREV that can be combined to achieve the plain effect (or in PLAIN to avoid rdf:Description and rdf:about...) or a separate writer needs to be designed? So no rdf:Description, no nesting and use of rdf:resource instead
>
> This info https://www.w3.org/wiki/SimpleRdfXml is on more or less the same topic. So not sure if some special options shall be used for RDFXML.

The basci wrter (Basic.java) only has one control
"parseTypeLiteralPropertyElt".

The plain writer does follow that using rdf:Description.