Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tobias Gerschner <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/16 16:35:12 UTC

STDOUT not available for hooks ?

Hi,

I am writing some custom hooks for our new subversion repository.

It looks like STDOUT isn't available to the hooks. Only messages via STDERR
do appear on the screen. Is this intensional or maybe a setup issue in the
system? Though usually STDOUT works fine here.

thanks in advance

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.

Re: STDOUT not available for hooks ?

Posted by Tobias Gerschner <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2006/2/16, Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>:

> This is intentional. Most ( but not all ) hook scripts have to ability to
> send back information to the client in case of errors, through stderr. If
> you want to log additional info in the script at server-side, consider
> logging it to file.
>
> Lieven.

Thanks for your reply.

Well it's not difficult to start the hooks with 1>&2 appended, so it's not
really a trouble. Though I wanted to be sure it's intensional and not a
setup issue. I want the messages to be displayed just in time, so direct
output is the best solution.

regards