Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Suzy Fynes <su...@sentenial.ie> on 2004/08/18 18:37:30 UTC

Books -Axis, Web Service Sercurity

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some books on Axis, Web Service Security and Java
Web Service.
Thanks,
Suzy

Re: Books -Axis, Web Service Sercurity

Posted by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com>.
These aren't Axis specific but I found them helpful:

Enterprise Java Security from Pistoia, Nagaratnam, Koved, and Madalin,
Addison Wesley
Java and SOAP from Englander, O'Rielly
Just Java 2 from van der Linden, Prentice Hall, make sure you get the
new 6th edition that covers Java 1.5 security

and, my own book,

Java Testing and Design (http://thebook.pushtotest.com.)

Hope this helps.

-Frank

On Aug 18, 2004, at 9:37 AM, Suzy Fynes wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Can anyone recommend some books on Axis, Web Service Security and Java
> Web Service.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Suzy

---
Frank Cohen, PushToTest, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone: 408 374 7426
Author of "Java Testing and Design: From Unit Tests to Automated Web
Tests"
from Prentice Hall, details at http://thebook.pushtotest.com

Re: Books -Axis, Web Service Sercurity

Posted by Kim Tan <kk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Suzy,
check these out :
1) Building Web services with Java by Steve Graham etc. (2nd edition just came out, don't get the 1st edition as the codes are based on I think pre released version of Axis, and  check out www.superbookdeals.com, which has good price), it has good coverage of web services and uses Axis for the sample codes.

2) "Java web service in a nutshell" by Oreilly.

3) a new book "programming Apache Axis" by Oreilly is expected to be out in a month or two.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: problem in tcpmonitor

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

That would be awesome...looking forward to it.

-- dims

Re: problem in tcpmonitor

Posted by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com>.
Take a look in src/org/axis/utils/tcpmon.java

By the way, TestMaker 4.2 (which will be out in the next week or two)
incorporates TCPMonitor. We will be improving it and contributing the
changes back to Apache. Details on TestMaker are at
http://www.pushtotest.com

Hope this helps.

-Frank

On Aug 18, 2004, at 12:23 PM, Mirna Carelli / Projeto Ourgrid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to modify the TCPMonitor to save messages SOAP automatically,
> the file should mark a timeStamp when the package was send. But i
> can't find in the source code where can i modify to TCPMonitor do
> this.

---

problem in tcpmonitor

Posted by Mirna Carelli / Projeto Ourgrid <mi...@dsc.ufcg.edu.br>.