Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl> on 2014/04/22 10:26:17 UTC

Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Hi folks,

I ran into some issues with getting my stuff to work with a xerces
dependency in a karaf 3.0.1 assembly.

Initially it turned out that I had 2 different xerces libraries. One as
part of karaf in lib/endorsed (KARAF-2446) and the other was one of my
dependencies  (using servicemix). Getting rid of the servicemix xerces
bundle resolved some of my errors but now the following error popped up
for various xerces classes:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/util/XMLChar

I managed to get rid of these by adding "org.apache.xerces.*" to the
org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property in config.properties .

Is this the right way to solve this? And if so, shouldn't this
additional entry be part Karaf itself?

Regards,

misl

Re: Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.
I Checked one of my sample projects on github.

    https://github.com/misl/Samples/tree/master/WicketKaraf

In this project package:exports | grep -i xerces shows no results at all.

Comparing it to the downloaded Karaf binary gives me no clues either. As
usual I am probably overlooking something really simple. The hard part
is actually finding what it is ;-)

Can anyone tell me why this simple Karaf assembly does not export any
Xerces packages at all? This would be very much appreciated :-)

Regards,

Minto

Re: Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.

Re: Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Minto,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.
Hi JB,

Seems like I am doing something wrong in my custom assembly. I tried the
same export in a downloaded Karaf binary. This one results in a much
longer list.

I will compare my custom etc/ with the one from karaf itself.

Regards,

Minto

Re: Xerces and Karaf 3.0.1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.