Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by rs...@imolinfo.it on 2007/08/01 11:04:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCE]: Jbi4ejb released

Hi,
I'm pleased to announce that JBI4ejb (http://jbi4ejb.sourceforge.net/)
has been released.
JBI4ejb is a JBI compliant binding component that allows you to
integrate EJBs into an ESB.
This component is especially target to existing EJBs because while
with new EJBs it's easy to expose methods as Web Services for already
running one it could be more difficult.
JBI4ejb can integrate EJBs without any modification on the EJB side,
you don't even need to redeploy the EJB. So using JBI4ejb also old
EJBs or EJBs that for any reason cannot be modified can participate to
a SOA.
Current release (0.1) has the following features:
-- support for stateless session beans.
-- a Netbeans plug-in that integrates with the Netbeans Enterprise Pack.
-- support for OpenESB and Servicemix as JBI container.
-- support for Websphere, Weblogic, jboss and Glassfish as application server.

Jbi4ejb is a companion project of JBI4Corba
(http://jbi4corba.sourceforge.net/ and
http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/jbiwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CICSBC) and
JBI4Cics (http://jbi4cics.sourceforge.net/ and
http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/jbiwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CORBABC).

Re: [ANNOUNCE]: Jbi4ejb released

Posted by rs...@imolinfo.it.
Hi,
for implementation details please se the architecture section in the
documentation:
http://jbi4ejb.sourceforge.net/architecture.html

I thin our approach is generic, we don't use any specific feature of
any server, you don't even need to import any server specific jar.

bye
Raffaele

Posted by rs d <rs...@gmail.com>.

Quoting Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>:

> Great! I' ve added it to the list of third party components:
>   http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/components-list.html
thanks.
> What are the differences between using JBI4ejb and servicemix-jsr181 ?
> It seems both are using XFire to do the marshalling...
I think that with sericemix-jsr181 you need container specific jndi
clesses and and ejb client classes (I've never tried it for
integrating ejb). With JBI4ejb you don't need this because it uses the
IIOP interoperability layer of ejbs.
For more information see (http://jbi4ejb.sourceforge.net/documentation.html).
Our attempt is to have the minimun coupling possible between the ejb
and the jbi4rjb endpoint and to have no impact on running ejb.

bye
Raffaele

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.