Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/28 22:17:00 UTC

2 jsp files using the same form

Hello
I have 2 screens that use the same form. The form class has a validate
function. To distinguish which screen(jsp file) is using the form I do the
following in jsp files:

<% session.setAttribute("page", "add") %>
<% session.setAttribute("page", "add_2") %>

Then in the form class I grab that value and figure out what values to
validate.
Is it a good way to do it?

Re: 2 jsp files using the same form

Posted by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com>.
This is how the submit button is defined:
<var:varimage srcKey="update.button.image" altKey="update.button.image.alt"
border="0"/>

varimage is defined as a tag in app.tld file:
<tag>
        <name>varimage</name>
        <tagclass>/struts/taglib/varTag</tagclass>
        <attribute>
            <name>accesskey</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
        </attribute>
        <attribute>
            <name>alt</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
        </attribute>
        <attribute>
            <name>altKey</name>
            <required>false</required>
            <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
        </attribute>

In its definition, I can set the value.
But how do I retrieve the value in the form class?

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,HttpServletRequest
request)
 {

Those are the only parameters I receive in the validate function.

Thank you

On 8/28/07, Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Anna Simbirtsev wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have 2 screens that use the same form. The form class has a validate
> > function. To distinguish which screen(jsp file) is using the form I do
> the
> > following in jsp files:
> >
> > <% session.setAttribute("page", "add") %>
> > <% session.setAttribute("page", "add_2") %>
> >
> > Then in the form class I grab that value and figure out what values to
> > validate.
> > Is it a good way to do it?
>

> You should distinguish between two forms by passing different
> values of submit buttons (in my opinion)

Anna Simbirtsev
(416) 729-7331

Re: 2 jsp files using the same form

Posted by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>.