Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vernon Wu <ve...@gatewaytech.com> on 2002/05/02 07:25:15 UTC

The Catalina installation path

Today, I installed the Tomcat 4.0.4b2 using the self-expanded version first time. The installation directory "Apache
Tomcat 4.0" is created after running the installation shell. Since I use Ant to do the deployment, I need to set up the
catalina home path (the installation doesn't take care of this). After hacking around many times, I still can't set the path
right. What shall I type for the "Apache Tomcat 4.0"?

Thx.

Re: The Catalina installation path

Posted by Vernon Wu <ve...@gatewaytech.com>.
Thanks, Jake for your input.

In fact, I had tried using "Apache~1". (Indeed, it is on Windows). It doesn't work.

If there is not solution, I have to uninstall and reinstall using the zip file format.

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I assume you are using Windows.

Just use tilde's to shorten the file path so there are no spaces such as:

C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Jakarta\tomcat-4-nightly-20020404

However, I wouldn't bother with the installer.  Just use the zip builds.

Jake