Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/07 10:54:32 UTC

Pimp your Wicket app!

I (and possibly the rest of the Wicket community) would like to know
more about your deployed Wicket applications. Even though we have a
page that enables everyone to list their Wicket application, it lacks
the details we all crave for. So I'd like to invite everyone to share
their setup with us.

Answer these questions for each Wicket application you've deployed:

Name of your application:
Intranet or internet: [ ] intranet [ ] internet
Public or private site: [ ] public [ ] private [ ] both

Average number of concurrent users:
Max number of concurrent users you have encountered:
Average number of Wicket served requests per (business)day:

Number of servers running your Wicket frontend code:
Number of cores/CPUs per server:
Number of JVMs running on your server for Wicket frontend code:
Do these JVMs run in a cluster? [ ] yes [ ] no
-Xmx setting (max memory) for your JVMs:

Now pimp your application!

Martijn

Re: Pimp your Wicket app!

Posted by CrocodileShoes <ma...@logica.com>.

Name of your application: Knowledge management research project for ESA -
Name not yet decided!
Intranet or internet: [X] intranet [ ] internet
Public or private site: [ ] public [X] private [ ] both

Average number of concurrent users: Not sure yet - We are deploying for the
Rosetta mission soon (50 users) to get feedback.
Max number of concurrent users you have encountered: N/A - early days!
Average number of Wicket served requests per (business)day: N/A - early
days!

Number of servers running your Wicket frontend code: 1
Number of cores/CPUs per server: Virtual server
Number of JVMs running on your server for Wicket frontend code: 1
Do these JVMs run in a cluster? [ ] yes [X] no

The project is a technical research project so it won't go live.  There are
possibilities for this down the line though depending upon the results.

The prototype was demonstrated at ESAW http://www.congrex.nl/09c25/
yesterday and the Wicket front-end generated a fair bit of interest!  It's a
testament to Wicket because I am completely new to web development (C++ java
app background) and have no real experience with Javascript/HTML/CSS.

Thanks for a great Framework!

Re: Pimp your Wicket app!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
To start myself:

Name of your application: Vocus
Industry: education
Intranet or internet: [ ] intranet [X] internet
Public or private site: [ ] public [X] private [ ] both

Average number of concurrent users: 400
Max number of concurrent users you have encountered: 500
Average number of Wicket served requests per (business)day: 200k

Number of servers running your Wicket frontend code: 2
Number of cores/CPUs per server: quad core, dual cpu
Number of JVMs running on your server for Wicket frontend code: 1
Do these JVMs run in a cluster? [ ] yes [X] no
-Xmx setting (max memory) for your JVMs: -Xmx4096m

Re: Pimp your Wicket app!

Posted by Daniel Frisk <da...@jalbum.net>.
Name of your application: http://jalbum.net
Intranet or internet: [ ] intranet [X ] internet
Public or private site: [ X] public [ ] private [ ] both

Average number of concurrent users: ~500
Max number of concurrent users you have encountered: Don't know
Average number of Wicket served requests per (business)day: ~20 M

Number of servers running your Wicket frontend code: 4
Number of cores/CPUs per server: 4
Number of JVMs running on your server for Wicket frontend code: 1
Do these JVMs run in a cluster? [ X] yes [ ] no
-Xmx setting (max memory) for your JVMs: 4 GB

// Daniel
jalbum.net