Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Houssem Chihoub <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 15:20:47 UTC

Can't find a keyspace created on a different node in the same cassandra cluster

Hello,

I deployed a 6 node cassandra cluster (cassandra-1.0.2) on Grid'5000 (the
french grid). I used hostnames instead of IPs.
When i create a new keyspace on one  cassandra node (i use the cassandra
client 'cassandra-cli') it's visible just on that node but not the others.

after the creation i get that it's agreed on in the cluster

CREATE KEYSPACE space1
...    ;
e4780dd0-4114-11e1-0000-242d50cf1fb7
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster

When i run SHOW KEYSPACES on the same node i get this :

Keyspace: space1:
  Replication Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy
  Durable Writes: true
  Column Families:

but on the other nodes i don't get anything and i can't use the already
created keyspace!!!

Here are some configuration parameters in cassandra.yaml is:

seeds: 'sol-7.sophia.grid5000.fr'
listen_address: localhost
rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
endpoint_snitch: org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackInferringSnitch
request_scheduler: org.apache.cassandra.scheduler.NoScheduler

Does anyone anyone know encountred this or knows how to solve this issue

Best regards

Re: Can't find a keyspace created on a different node in the same cassandra cluster

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Background http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/configuration/node_configuration#init-properties

When setting up a multi node cluster check the nodes can see each other using nodetool ring before trying to create the schema.

Change the listen_address to the internal IP of the node or leave it blank. As it is the node will be listening on 127.0.0.1 for inter node traffic, so other nodes will not be able to contact  it.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton