Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "SANSONE, AARON M [Non-Pharmacia/1000]" <aa...@monsanto.com> on 2001/11/21 17:08:47 UTC

C2 Installation on JRun 3.x...

Has anyone successfully installed C2 on a JRun Servlet engine?  I have had
some success but am trying to package an application as a WAR file and
deploy.  My problem is that Cocoon2 won't run unless the JAR files are
located in the JRun server lib directory.  According to the Servlet 2.2
spec, the JAR files for cocoon2 should be placed in the WEB-INF/lib
directory and picked up by the Servlet engine.  However when I do this I get
the following error message:

/cocoon2/:

null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<init>
(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:38)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:398)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:128)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JRunSe
rvletLoader.java:203)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(../servlet/JRunSe
rvletLoader.java:161)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServlet(../servlet/JRunServletLoa
der.java:149)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.getServletReference(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1705)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1231)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDis
patcher.java:89)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1552)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1542)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(../servlet/JvmContext.java:364)
	at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(../http/WebEndpoint.java:115)
	at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(../ThreadPool.java:272)
	at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(../WorkerThread.java:75)

Anyone have any ideas?

RE: C2 Installation on JRun 3.x...

Posted by Jan Uyttenhove <ju...@xume.be>.
Well, I also managed to get it working but I can confirm your problem.

It has something to do with the order of the JARs in the classpath.
Conflicts between JRun JARs and Cocoon JARs, and off course JRun wins... :-)
You can change the order of how the classpath is composed in the
global.properties file in the JRun/lib directory.

e.g. if you put the user.classpath in front, things work fine with all the
Cocoon JARs in the WEB-INF/lib.
Off course it does... but who wants to work like this if you have more than
one server running?

Jan