Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> on 2019/09/18 21:36:27 UTC

AIP-7 completed :)

Hello Airflow developers,

We just merged the last change related to Breeze -  AIP-7
Simplified Development Workflow
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Improvements+Proposals?src=breadcrumbs-parent>
and
I really hope it's going to be useful to everyone developing Airflow.  The
last change introduced interactivity for pre-commit checks.

It's been quite a ride since I started it many months ago :).

I hope it's one step to make Airflow development more inclusive for all
community members.

I already gave several talks about it -  I am also going to speak about
Breeze next week at London Apache Airflow Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/London-Apache-Airflow-Meetup/events/264521028/> and
in October at ApacheCon Europe in Berlin
<https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/its-breeze-develop-airflow> . Happy
to chat and meet the awesome community members in-person.

I believe (hope!) it's already been useful at CCOS in Guadalajara
<https://ccoss.org/> - and I know it's super useful for our team at Polidea
already - I hope many other people will find it useful as well.

We have few more follow-ups/changes in the making after that (kind for
Kubernetes for one and production-ready Airflow Image). And more  :).

Cannot wait to be more engaged in different parts of Airflow (though
current customer engagement might add some delays there).

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: AIP-7 completed :)

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
**Enabling the enablers**

Great work. Super meta! Think about it: building tools that enable the
people building Airflow, that enables the data engineers building
pipelines, that enable analysts with data, that enable decision makers with
product insights, that enables customers with better products, ...

Max

Re: AIP-7 completed :)

Posted by Felix Uellendall <fe...@pm.me.INVALID>.

Re: AIP-7 completed :)