Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bazooka Joe <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 18:49:24 UTC

which spam databases to copy to new server

My SA runs as one user for the server sa-milt.  I just recently built
a new server and copied the .spamassassin dir for sa-milt to the new
server but I am not getting near the results I was getting w/ the old
server (it is catching about half of the spam it used to).  Am I
missing some other db's???  I copied over the same spam rules and
installed pyzor.

what could i be missing?

thx

Re: which spam databases to copy to new server

Posted by Bazooka Joe <fa...@gmail.com>.
I noticed all the spam getting through is getting marked bayes 0 which
is strange.  The only thing I changed was cutting back on the spam
children from 15 to 4.  I have now uped it to 6 and the box seems to
be handling it.  (I am on a small tmp server while I rebuild main
server) I think it might be a bayes locking issue where spamd couldn't
get a lock on the bayes db. I am running in debug mode to try to
discern what is happening.

I am aware that SA can use a rdbms ie mysql - would this cure the
bayes locking issue, if that is the issue and would it increase
performance?