Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jburford <jb...@solekai.com> on 2015/03/24 23:09:12 UTC

IncompatibleClassChangeError

Hello.

I have an application which uses Camel 2.14.0, ActiveMQ 5.10.0 and Spring
3.1.2.  When the application is shutdown, I get this exception which
prevents many of my PreDestroy methods on my beans from getting called:

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
	at org.apache.camel.util.IOHelper.close(IOHelper.java:326)
	at org.apache.camel.util.IOHelper.close(IOHelper.java:390)
	at org.apache.camel.spring.Main.doStop(Main.java:182)
	at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.stop(ServiceSupport.java:102)
	at
org.apache.camel.main.MainSupport$HangupInterceptor.run(MainSupport.java:84)

I saw this post regarding the issue:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/IncompatibleClassChangeError-td5752456.html#a5752459

I know of no classes of our own that have been compiled against one version
yet run against another JAR version (we do the compile and deployment all
from the same set of dependencies).  Also by the stack trace it seems to
indicate the problem is in Camel.  When I use Camel 2.12.2, the problem goes
away.  Is there a known issue in Camel with the version of Spring or
ActiveMQ (or any other JAR - I can provide a list) that I am using?  Is
there a way to get a more descriptive message as to which class is
incompatible?

Thanks!

Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by jburford <jb...@solekai.com>.
I switched to Spring 3.2.6 and it fixed the issue.  Thank you for your help!

Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Camel 2.14.x is built with Spring 3.2.x, I think you may need to upgrade the Spring version for it.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com