Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Keir <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 15:02:04 UTC

Release of 2.2.3?

Hi,

I’m wondering if there are any plans to release Tiles 2.2.3? I’m trying to
build a Spring 3.1 app (which only supports Tiles 2.1.2+) for an OC4J
container, which only supports up to JSP 2.0, meaning that I can't use a
production-ready version of Tiles as 2.1.0+ suffer from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES-514 which is only fixed in the
as yet unreleased 2.2.3 version.

Thanks

Keir

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Mck <mc...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 12:18 +0100, Keir wrote:
> > You were correct the first time, the documentation is wrong for
>

> Ah ha! So the requirements on this page are correct:
>
> http://tiles.apache.org/download.html

Yes that page also looks to be in agreement with the jira issues.

~mck

--
"As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not
as wide as you think." Native American Initiation Rite

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Keir <ke...@gmail.com>.
On 23 May 2013 12:10, Mck <mc...@apache.org> wrote:

> You were correct the first time, the documentation is wrong for

Ah ha! So the requirements on this page are correct:

http://tiles.apache.org/download.html

But it musta been the other page I saw.

Keir

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Mck <mc...@apache.org>.
> Yea looking more closely at this I was wrong, I thought the site said that
> 2.2.2 was usable with servlets 2.4, turns out I was mistaken.

You were correct the first time, the documentation is wrong for
tiles-2.2

http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/framework/getting_started.html

but according to those issues, the requirements section should read the
same as http://tiles.apache.org/framework/getting_started.html

~mck

--
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can
really go." T.S. Eliot

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Keir <ke...@gmail.com>.

> I'm a little confused on this front.
> According to TILES-270 we upgraded to Servlet 2.5/JSP 2.1 with tiles-2.1
> and according to TILES-447 we dropped support for it in tiles-2.2

Yea looking more closely at this I was wrong, I thought the site said that
2.2.2 was usable with servlets 2.4, turns out I was mistaken.  Have
reverted to 2.1.4 and everything is working swimmingly, sorry for all the
confusion!

Keir

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Mck <mc...@apache.org>.
> Thanks for the quick response! Tiles 3 is labelled beta on the tiles
> website which is why I had avoided it...

it would be great if i could convince you the pros of our focus on
tiles-3 outweighs any cons of our "beta" label of it.

> also looking just now it seems
> that Servlet 2.5/JSP 2.1 is required for it?

indeed, i could have read your first msg a little more careful.

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Keir <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mck,

Thanks for the quick response! Tiles 3 is labelled beta on the tiles
website which is why I had avoided it... also looking just now it seems

Re: Release of 2.2.3?

Posted by Mck <mc...@apache.org>.