Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Z Yang <jo...@waveline.com> on 2003/05/27 15:07:27 UTC

Question on URL encoded file names with Tomcat

Dear all:
I am using Tomcat server to upload/download files onto, for example, www.myweb.com. The file names contains CJK doublebyte characters.
When I tried to use http://www.myweb.com/CJKcharacter.doc to retrieve these files
Tomcat seems to have failed in linking URL's to this files.
I also tried to translate the CJK characters into URL encoded form with "%" signs, but Tomcat still failed to retrieve the files. It seems Tomcat does not support "%" encodings.

Does anyone have a quick way out of this problem? I.E. how to use Tomcat to write an file uploader/downloader, which support double byte charater file names?

Many thanks.

John
P.S. I have searched the archive, with no success.

Tomcat URL support with double byte charater file names