Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2014/04/13 11:13:24 UTC

4.12 regression issue/ADG silently eating user RTEs

Hi,

Anyone have something to add to this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34218

The changes in 4.12 are a regression from previous version, but if we do revert it causes a) user errors to be silently eaten and b) performance and garbage collection to be worse.

Are we likely to break any 3rd party components by keeping this change?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: 4.12 regression issue/ADG silently eating user RTEs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/13/14 2:13 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@me.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone have something to add to this:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34218
>
>The changes in 4.12 are a regression from previous version, but if we do
>revert it causes a) user errors to be silently eaten and b) performance
>and garbage collection to be worse.
>
>Are we likely to break any 3rd party components by keeping this change?
So far, out of X downloads, only one person reporting the problem.  Do we
have an easy workaround?  Maybe post the 4.11 DataGridColumn.as in the
JIRA bug with monkey-patch instructions?

-Alex