Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jens Riboe <je...@ribomation.com> on 2004/04/12 20:52:47 UTC

Embedded Maven or Maven Light???

Hi,

I have started to messing around with maven.
The repository idea is brilliant and the site generation with all these reports
are very healthy for the ego.

However, every time I try something new, I found my self browsing around chasing
some non-existent or partial documentation, wasting hour after hour.
In addition, I don't really buy the 'one artifact per project' idea.

So, I wonder if I'm alone or there are anybody out there fealing the same,
that Ant should be extended with some of the Maven features.

What I really would like to see is a mavenfileset, similar to the example below
<mavenfileset url="${maven.repo}" cachedir="${maven.local}" >
    <include groupid="${xyz.groupid}" artifactid="${xyz.id}" version="${xyz.version}"/>
</mavenfileset >

Has anybody already implemented something like this?
Comments?

Kind regards,
    Jens Riboe

Re: Embedded Maven or Maven Light???

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Jens Riboe <je...@ribomation.com> wrote:

> So, I wonder if I'm alone or there are anybody out there fealing the
> same, that Ant should be extended with some of the Maven features.

Since you are asking for the repository stuff specifically.

There is a project inside the Apache Incubator[1] named Depot[2] that
defines a repository specification (which is based on but goes beyond
Maven AFAIU) as well as tools that build upon this.  Part of the
tool-chain is a set of Ant tasks.

I've not followed this effort but you may find it helpful.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://incubator.apache.org/

[2]  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/depot.html