Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by de...@butterflycluster.com on 2006/09/19 06:16:02 UTC

crawl/index/search

hi there,

Been playing with Nutch for a few weeks now, so i am starting on coming
up something usable but i need some suggestions here;

Heres the problem - crawl the web (maybe 50 sites or so) and get
physical addreses;

i want to index physical addresses found on the crawl, so my search
results should return "Company Name, State" as the Title, the Summary
can be what ever is found on that page. [this is just an example to
simplify what i want to say]

To index, looking at the Nutch code, seems i have to parse the HTML
content and look for the details I need to be searchable.. at the
moment only things found in META data is indexed but i want to expand
this with custom fields, such as company name, state etc..

Whats the best way to go about this? I want to write a plug in for
this; Which classes do i start with and how do i tackle this?

Thanks

Re: crawl/index/search

Posted by Richard Braman <rb...@taxcodesoftware.org>.
Iain,
Thanks for the pointer to GATE.  I will take a look at it too.
Richard

RE: crawl/index/search

Posted by Iain <ia...@idcl.co.uk>.
Not exactly.

I've been on a training course and talked to people who use it, but yet to
use it in anger.  You might also look at KIM (ontotext) which uses Gate and
does more ontology type things - KIM is commercial, though.

Iain

Re: crawl/index/search

Posted by Fadzi Ushewokunze <de...@butterflycluster.com>.
Iain,