Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by DU...@britbio.co.uk on 2001/03/14 13:16:07 UTC

FORM authentication (again)

I'm still struggling with getting form authentication working with the
latest snapshots.
With 4.0b1 it works fine. With the latest snapshots no cookie is sent,
authentication succeeds but redirection to the secured page fails.

Can someone advise whether this is a bug or is some additional setup needed
compared to 4.0b1

Many thanks

Tim

Tim Dudgeon <du...@britbio.co.uk>

DISCLAIMER: This message contains proprietary
information some or all of which may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. It is for
the intended recipient only who may use and apply
the information only for the intended purpose.
Internet communications are not secure and
therefore the British Biotech group does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions presented are
only those of the author and not those of the
British Biotech group. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete this e-mail and notify the
author immediately by calling ++44 (0)1865 748747;
do not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or
rely on this e-mail.

Re: FORM authentication (again)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 DUDGEON@britbio.co.uk wrote:

> I'm still struggling with getting form authentication working with the
> latest snapshots.
> With 4.0b1 it works fine. With the latest snapshots no cookie is sent,
> authentication succeeds but redirection to the secured page fails.
>
> Can someone advise whether this is a bug or is some additional setup needed
> compared to 4.0b1

I just fixed this bug yesterday -- could you try last night's nightly
distribution?

> Many thanks
>
> Tim

Craig