Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gentrobot <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/22 11:25:47 UTC

Testing a web application for multiple HTTP requests

Hi !

I am quite new to JMeter testing. I would like to know how to perform
testing in the following scenario:

I have to test a website. I have a form on one page, which when clicked
leads to another page with previous and some additional fields. I have
specified the URL as form action and passed the parameters. Now, on the
second page, I need the parameters passed from the previous page and in
addition to that, a few more fields need to be set and then the form is to
be submitted.

Re: Testing a web application for multiple HTTP requests

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
you normally need one of the post processors(Regex / XPATH) to extract out
the data you want to post (assuming it is data that your application sends
and not data that you enter) and use the variables that you set in the post
processor in the next request.

If these are parameters you have entered yourself , then assuming you stored
it in variables or user parameters or CSV then you could directly specify
them in the next request (without any need of Post processors)
regards
deepak

Posted by Brett Cave <br...@gmail.com>.
Best way I can recommend to see how to get a test plan to do this would be
to set up a proxy server. it will record GET & POST methods and will give
you most of what you need.