Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2014/12/18 04:21:49 UTC

Re: question about CTAKES

[+dev]
I think that's a current limitation in the new Polarity Classifier.  It's
ML based, so most likely 'Deny XYZ' or 'Negative for XYZ' is probably not
in the training data.  There are a couple of things I would suggest:
1) Post the questions/examples to dev@ctakes.apache.org - perhaps others
may have some ideas
2) Open a Jira issue to track the issue
3) You can try to Revert back to either the old 'Assertion' module or the
previous RegEx based 'NegationAnnotator' (currently commented out in the
xml descriptor file.) [I am assuming you are using the latest trunk or
3.2.1 release.

Hope that helps...
--Pei