Posted to user@spark.apache.org by gzoller <gz...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/19 16:42:42 UTC

Anyone have successful recipe for spark cassandra connector?

I'm running out of options trying to integrate cassandra, spark, and the
spark-cassandra-connector.

I quickly found out just grabbing the latest versions of everything
(drivers, etc.) doesn't work--binary incompatibilities it would seem.

So last I tried using versions of drivers from the
spark-cassandra-connector's build.  Better, but still no dice.
Any successes out there?  I'd really love to use the stack.

If curious my ridiculously trivial example is here:
https://github.com/gzoller/doesntwork
<https://github.com/gzoller/doesntwork>

If you run 'sbt test' you'll get a NoHostAvailableException exception
complaining it tried /10.0.0.194:9042.  I have no idea where that addr came
from.  I was trying to connect to local.

Any ideas appreciated!
Greg