Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by niras iva <el...@gloriatech.com> on 2011/05/21 07:15:24 UTC

log4j

Hai Am new in log4j..i dunno how to create a new Appender ..please explain me
clearly

Re: log4j

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
There is an intro on the website, http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html.  Maybe that will not answer your question, but it will provide some background that may help you formulate your question.  As it is written, it is unclear whether your situation is:

a) There is an existing appender that I want to use and I do not know how to configure it and attach it to the hierarchy so it can process events.

b) I need to implement a custom appender that process events by doing something not supported by the available appenders and I do not know how to implement it.

For situation a, read the short guide previously mentioned.  For situation b, identify the appender that is closest to your desired functionality and what you need it to do differently.