Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@terra.com.br> on 2007/05/25 06:41:42 UTC

Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Hi!

I have just released version 0.1 of HiberTapestry, a Hibernate integration
module to Tapestry IoC. It's hosted at SourceForge:
http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/ and the license is the
same of Tapestry, Apache License 2. I have not uploaded the sources yet,
but I plan to do it soon.

HiberTapestry is a Hibernate-Tapestry-IoC (Tapestry 5 inversion of control
and dependency injection framework) module. Its objective is to provide
Hibernate-related funcionality with the less amount of configuration and
code written by the user. It is targeted for single database (i.e, single
SessionFactory) applications.

Its inspiration is the Spring-Hibernate integration, but simpler, with
less configuration and better features:
-> Offers Session and SessionFactory for injection in Tapestry-IoC.
-> Sessions are thread-scoped. For web applications, this means that the
session per request Hibernate pattern is implemented. (Thanks to
Tapestry-IoC, this was incredibly easy. :)
-> Method and annotation-based transaction demarcation. (That's the main
reason I was not satisfied with tapestry(5)-hibernate, which doesnt't
offer any form of automatic transaction control besids opening a
transaction before any Session use and commiting the transaction when the
thread ends).
-> Uses your existing hibernate.cfg.xml unmodified.
-> No need for your DAOs to extend some framework class.
-> Can be used, without any modification or change of configuration, with
both web and non-web applications.

More details at
http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/index.html.

This is a first release: not all planned features are implemented, many
aspects can be improved, etc, so I'm looking forward for your feedback. :)

PS: Is this the first third-party Tapestry 5 project?

PS2: Howard, do the ThreadCleanupHub work for non-web applications? I
don't think so. My listeners were not called.

Thiago

Re: Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Posted by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thiago,

I have downloaded HiberTapestry, but I'm still confused where to
start. Could you give us a quickstart documentation on the website and
a little example with source code to get us going? Also please inform
us when the source for HiberTapestry is uploaded.

Thanks in advance

--
YM!: thejavafreak
Blog: http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/joshua/

Re: Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Posted by Robin Ericsson <lo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/07, Jun Tsai <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where to find the source?
>
> not open source?

Can you read?

--
        regards,
        Robin

Re: Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Posted by Jun Tsai <ju...@gmail.com>.
Where to find the source?

not open source?

2007/5/25, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@terra.com.br>:
> Hi!
>
> I have just released version 0.1 of HiberTapestry, a Hibernate integration
> module to Tapestry IoC. It's hosted at SourceForge:
> http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/ and the license is the
> same of Tapestry, Apache License 2. I have not uploaded the sources yet,
> but I plan to do it soon.
>
> HiberTapestry is a Hibernate-Tapestry-IoC (Tapestry 5 inversion of control
> and dependency injection framework) module. Its objective is to provide
> Hibernate-related funcionality with the less amount of configuration and
> code written by the user. It is targeted for single database (i.e, single
> SessionFactory) applications.
>
> Its inspiration is the Spring-Hibernate integration, but simpler, with
> less configuration and better features:
> -> Offers Session and SessionFactory for injection in Tapestry-IoC.
> -> Sessions are thread-scoped. For web applications, this means that the
> session per request Hibernate pattern is implemented. (Thanks to
> Tapestry-IoC, this was incredibly easy. :)
> -> Method and annotation-based transaction demarcation. (That's the main
> reason I was not satisfied with tapestry(5)-hibernate, which doesnt't
> offer any form of automatic transaction control besids opening a
> transaction before any Session use and commiting the transaction when the
> thread ends).
> -> Uses your existing hibernate.cfg.xml unmodified.
> -> No need for your DAOs to extend some framework class.
> -> Can be used, without any modification or change of configuration, with
> both web and non-web applications.
>
> More details at
> http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/index.html.
>
> This is a first release: not all planned features are implemented, many
> aspects can be improved, etc, so I'm looking forward for your feedback. :)
>
> PS: Is this the first third-party Tapestry 5 project?
>
> PS2: Howard, do the ThreadCleanupHub work for non-web applications? I
> don't think so. My listeners were not called.
>
> Thiago

Welcome to China Java Users Group(CNJUG).
http://cnjug.dev.java.net

Re: Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Did you run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1423 and can
you verify the fix that's currently in 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT?

On 5/24/07, Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool. I'm going to check this out since I also need tapestry and
> hibernate integration. So how is this different with
> tapestry-hibernate module?
>

> On 5/25/07, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have just released version 0.1 of HiberTapestry, a Hibernate
> integration
> > module to Tapestry IoC. It's hosted at SourceForge:
> > http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/ and the license is
> the
> > same of Tapestry, Apache License 2. I have not uploaded the sources yet,
> > but I plan to do it soon.
> >
> > HiberTapestry is a Hibernate-Tapestry-IoC (Tapestry 5 inversion of
> control
> > and dependency injection framework) module. Its objective is to provide
> > Hibernate-related funcionality with the less amount of configuration and
> > code written by the user. It is targeted for single database (i.e,
> single
> > SessionFactory) applications.
> >
> > Its inspiration is the Spring-Hibernate integration, but simpler, with
> > less configuration and better features:
> > -> Offers Session and SessionFactory for injection in Tapestry-IoC.
> > -> Sessions are thread-scoped. For web applications, this means that the
> > session per request Hibernate pattern is implemented. (Thanks to
> > Tapestry-IoC, this was incredibly easy. :)
> > -> Method and annotation-based transaction demarcation. (That's the main
> > reason I was not satisfied with tapestry(5)-hibernate, which doesnt't
> > offer any form of automatic transaction control besids opening a
> > transaction before any Session use and commiting the transaction when
> the
> > thread ends).
> > -> Uses your existing hibernate.cfg.xml unmodified.
> > -> No need for your DAOs to extend some framework class.
> > -> Can be used, without any modification or change of configuration,
> with
> > both web and non-web applications.
> >
> > More details at
> > http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/index.html.
> >
> > This is a first release: not all planned features are implemented, many
> > aspects can be improved, etc, so I'm looking forward for your feedback.
> :)
> >
> --
> YM!: thejavafreak
> Blog: http://www.nagasakti.or.id/roller/joshua/

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: Announcement: HiberTapestry: Hibernate integration for Tapestry-IoC (T5)

Posted by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com>.