Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/01 10:45:12 UTC

Re: Ddlutils with JTOpen

On 5/31/06, Davide Grandi <da...@mclink.it> wrote:

> Does anybody use ddlutils against AS400-i5-system i-whatever with JTOpen ?

Not that I know of, and I don't have access to an iSeries.

> I tried it against an old V4R5 box and I resorted to patch the
> Db2Platform, adding the subprotocol "as400" (and registering it in
> PlatformUtils).
>
> I just got my first database model in XML ...

Cool. If you could perhaps provide your changes as a patch (unified
diff), then I would add them to DdlUtils.

cheers,
Tom

Re: Ddlutils with JTOpen

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 6/4/06, Davide Grandi <da...@mclink.it> wrote:

> Mmmh ... "unified" like that ?
> I'm still digging into SVN.

Unified diff is a specific diff format that is produced e.g. by
running "svn diff" without options. See e.g. here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/svn-book.html#svn-ch-3-sect-4.3.2

> Maybe it will grow to a XyzPlatform (may be not ...).

I've added the JDBC driver and subprotocol in SVN. If the rest works
(i.e. same SQL syntax and no significant JDBC differences between the
drivers), then a new platform should not be necessary. However, I
don't have access to an AS/400, so please, if you find other
differences, let me know.

Tom

Re: Ddlutils with JTOpen

Posted by Davide Grandi <da...@mclink.it>.
>Cool. If you could perhaps provide your changes as a patch (unified
>diff), then I would add them to DdlUtils.
>
>cheers,
>Tom

Mmmh ... "unified" like that ?
I'm still digging into SVN.
---
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/PlatformUtils.java
---
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/PlatformUtils.java
	(revision 410118) +++
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/PlatformUtils.java
	(working copy) @@ -141,6 +141,7 @@
jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(Db2Platform.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);

jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(Db2Platform.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_OS390_1,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);

jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(Db2Platform.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_OS390_2,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);
+
jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(Db2Platform.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_JTOPEN,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);

jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(PlatformUtils.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_DATADIRECT_DB2,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);

jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(PlatformUtils.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_INET_DB2,
Db2Platform.DATABASENAME);

jdbcSubProtocolToPlatform.put(DerbyPlatform.JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL,
DerbyPlatform.DATABASENAME);
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/platform/db2/Db2Platform.java
---
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/platform/db2/Db2Platform.java
	(revision 410118) +++
/Users/dgrandi/Documents/Eclipse/3.1.2/workspace/DdlUtils/src/java/org/apache/ddlutils/platform/db2/Db2Platform.java
	(working copy) @@ -43,6 +43,8 @@      public static final
String JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_OS390_1 = "db2os390";
      /** An alternative subprotocol used by the standard DB2 driver
on OS/390. */
      public static final String JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_OS390_2 = "db2os390sqlj";
+    /** An alternative subprotocol used by the JTOpen driver on OS/400. */
+    public static final String JDBC_SUBPROTOCOL_JTOPEN = "as400";

      /**
       * Creates a new platform instance.

---
Maybe it will grow to a XyzPlatform (may be not ...).
I'm trying to shape a tool for transport tables and rows in XML back
and forth from AS/400 and the other 3 platforms we use.
Now I caught the tables ...

Best regards,

     Davide Grandi
---